You look up and hear…
The tinkling clinking comes from within crumbling stone walls, the gate overgrown with flowering vines. Surprisingly, the gate swings open with ease. You slip through and slowly take it all in.
The arbor, covering the front third of the hideaway has grown so dense that neither light nor rain can penetrate, which is good since the walls are covered in paintings, framed paintings. Dozens of hanging lanterns light the garden room with the glow of candle flame.
Towards the center, you see an old carved table that has seen better days, but here it fits right in. Upon the table you find pots of tea and little bowls of candied flowers, plates of scones and filled pastries, bowls of chocolate covered nuts and fruits, and platters of tiny sandwiches each filled with herbs and spreads, thinly sliced meats and crisp vegetables.
Once you’ve filled your tray you look around for a seat. Further back, in the dappled sunlight, you see clusters of chairs and tables tucked into corners, benches leaning against trees, sculptures positioned just so. And you notice some longtime friends in some of the seats, a few new faces looking up to wave as well.
In one corner there sits a book group, discussing the same tome you just finished. A smaller group discusses what they do when things… life gets difficult. Another, larger group gathers around a picnic table, preparing for a discussion to start. In the back a group fills in, listening to a speaker and asking questions.
And that’s when you realize you are home.
That’s a really pretty description, but what does it really mean?
- Video self care tips, tiny ones, totally actionable all on their own
- 2 book club meetings, same book, just for two different time zone groups, on skype, at least for now
- A streaming Q&A with archived recordings and the ability to ask questions aloud or in a written chat
- A recorded interview, where you can submit questions if you’d like
- Discussion Boards
- A place to share your art
- A workshop, which may get turned into a product. Any product created while you’re a member is automatically yours. Period.
Sound awesome? Join us!